Do you know how to create Excited, Loyal, Lifetime Customers?
One of the best ways is through your dealership’s referral program.
A referral program tells your buyers:
“I would appreciate you going out of your way to tell people about me and send them to me. If they come in and buy a car from me, I will do this for you.“
Steps to use your referral program to increase your sales:
- Find out your dealership’s referral program and know how it works.
- If your dealership doesn’t have a referral program, put one together yourself, and tell everyone (including your service department) about it.
- Figure out how you will implement the referral program with every buyer.
- Make it easy for your buyer.
Give them business cards at delivery, remind them of the program
during your follow up calls, send them an email.
- Pay your referral program. Follow through on what you say you are going to do.
- Call people who send you a referral even when you don’t sell the car. Still follow up.
You want to be a benefit to others. People want to be a benefit to you. People love reciprocity, they love when you show appreciation.
If you want to build your bank of Excited, Loyal, Lifetime Customers, this is one of the easiest, most proactive ways to do it.
You have to make the decision.
You have to take consistent action to make it happen.